Thursday, November 17, 2016

Hello everyone, today it was very difficult choose the greatest Chilean, but if I think about I would choose Violeta Parra.
Well, she was an important Chilean author and singer, besides a very good painter and sculptor, among others, where their most famous songs are:  Gracias a la vida, Run run se fue pal norte, an infinitum. Its contribution to the chilean artistic and musical work is considered to be of great value and significance. Their work served as inspiration for several later artists, in that sense, her music has crossed generations, even in the school is taught to the students.
I think an important aspect of this artist is that she wrote her music from their own experiences and her knowledge of the life of the peasants and poor people. In that sense she rescues the essence of these persons on the basis of their music.
On the other side, I think that in Chile is not given importance until she travels to Paris, before that she was not a famous artist, including Violeta Parra left a great amount of unpublished music, which has been experiencing after his death.

I would like to ask what she thinks of this, about the fame that has managed to have, and what importance given to this. It is what she was proposed in a principle? Or also, I would like to ask what the reason for her suicide was. It was Love?

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you, Violeta Parra is wonderful! I like her music and her work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouh! That great artist, an example of woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like her music and think it's really similar about Victor Jara music, very emotional with much feelings to transmit. I agree with you about question, what was the reason for her suicide??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like her music and think it's really similar about Victor Jara music, very emotional with much feelings to transmit. I agree with you about question, what was the reason for her suicide??

    ReplyDelete